Saturday, April 18, 2009

I Just Can't Help It I Guess; I Care

I may look like just a kid, but I promise you I'm not. It might look like I'm still a child on the outside, and in a way, maybe I am. I still have my innocence. I still love to play around, and in some ways I am very immature.
However, I see certain things differently than most people my age. Sometimes I feel as if I am a wise old grandmother in a teenager's body. I don't always understand why I feel the ways I do. Sometimes it seems like it would be so much easier to only care about myself, but that is not the way I am. I care about other people too, and that is one thing about me that will never change.
Caring too much has a tendency to be one of my faults. It has given me both heartbreak and heartache. Still, I can not lock it away and throw away the key. It is like something that is always there, but it is not something concrete or tangible. Sometimes it goes through a kind of remission. It isn't always active, but it's always there. I just can't help it I guess; I care...

No comments: