Thursday, December 31, 2009
Like any year, 2009 was a year of change. However, I think some of the changes that took place in 2009 were bigger than many of the changes I have had in most of my previous years. 2009 was a roller coaster ride with a lot of ups, downs, and definitely loops. I learned some important lessons in 2009 that turned me into the person I am today. I believe that these lessons will come in handy later in life. Life threw a lot of obstacles my way, but I fought back, kicking and screaming.
One of the major lessons I learned this year was that people are not always what they appear to be. I know that is an age old saying, and that people usually don't give it a second thought. This year though, I learned that it is an absolute TRUTH. It is not something to just roll your eyes at. You may think you know someone, but you might not. Especially when you first meet someone, it is easy to get caught up and jump into something, whether it be a friendship or a relationship. However, I have learned that you should not jump blindly; you should always keep one eye open. There may be no flashing lights or "danger ahead" signs to warn you that something is wrong, so it is hard to know when something is not quite right. That is why you need to be very careful.
Another lesson I learned this year was taught to me by an unlikely teacher. "Some things in life are worth waiting for...even if it means waiting forever." I have learned that I am worth waiting for. I am confident that if somebody really loves me, they will be willing to wait for me. This year, my values have been tested more than they ever have been before. I had to decide which direction I wanted to go, and it was an extremely hard decision to make. However, I have learned that if you are with someone, you should not have to change your values, and they should not have to change. They may choose to change, but they shouldn't have to. It may not be easy, but if it is meant to be, it WILL be worth it. Like the song "Love is Not a Fight" by Warren Barfield says: "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for." I definitely believe this. Now, I wish I could say that I'd fallen in love in 2009, and [insert name here] is EVERYTHING to me, but it hasn't happened yet. Of course, I am willing to wait, because when love does blossom it will be worth it. People tell me it will happen when I least expect it. While this answer does not exactly satisfy me, I tend to agree that love will happen.
As I mentioned earlier, this year has been a year of major change. I have realized that close friends drift away, and this year has been no different. Some of my close friends have drifted away, whether it was totally, or just partially. However, when I was at a couple of my lowest points, it seemed like the most random person would start talking to me. I appreciate these people so much. They might never know who they are, but I am very glad that they intervened when they did. They were in the right place at the right time, and I am very grateful for that.
This year, I really have matured a lot. There have been times this year when I would do something that I never would have done in the past, and I would realize that I actually have a backbone. I have made new friends, and grown closer to old. I am not going to lie. There have been times when I acted happy even though I wasn't. There were also times when I bottled up my emotions at school, and then blew up at my mom once I got home. Sometimes, it just happens. While some people think that I am always happy, nobody ever lives up fully to that expectation.
I am going through a major transitional period right now. I have gotten a taste of the college life this year, and sometimes it is hard to wake up and realize that I am still in high school. I won't be for long, but that really does not change much right now.
Sometimes people think I am so naive, but I am NOT stupid. I have expanded my open-mindedness this year, and while I have never been a very judgemental person, I have become even less judgemental. After all, isn't there a saying about being nice to everyone, because you never know what internal battles they may be facing? I agree with that fully. I try my best to be nice to everyone, because I know what it feels like to be the outsider.
Overall, 2009 was not a bad year. It was rocky, but it had its perks too. However, I still wish for an even BETTER 2010. Remember: 2009 may have been divine, but 2010 is the year to start over again! So with that, I wish you a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! May God bless you in all that you do!
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
1. People are not always what they seem
2. "Some things in life are worth waiting for...even if it means waiting forever."
3. Boys will always be immature...always.
4. You shouldn't have to change your values for anybody.
5. Irony is just a part of my life. It follows me everywhere I go.
6. Songs on the radio play the perfect song at the perfect moment.
7. It is hard to trust anyone. You have to trust someone, but yet, you have to choose wisely who you trust.
8. Journaling is very therapeutic.
9. "You're playing with fire, and you're apt to get burned." From the song "I'm a Bad Bad Man" by Irving Berlin.
10. If my life were a roller coaster ride, it would have a lot of loops!
So that's my ten things! :) What are yours? I'd love to hear from you!
Thursday, December 24, 2009
I will be celebrating Christmas Eve tonight with my family, and tomorrow for Christmas I will be celebrating with my family too! I think I have finally finished the last of my Christmas shopping, and that is always a good thing! I hope all of you have a good holiday (whatever you may be celebrating!) Just remember, Jesus is the reason for the season! Hallelujah, Jesus Christ was born!
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Goodbye my love, it's been fun.
You know, I see why you're always on the run...
Running from something, you can't get away.
You never will, in your heart I will stay...
Because I was the best you ever had.
I was the one who made you truly glad.
It is your loss not mine, but it is still very sad.
I can only hope you grow up, because I know you're not bad.
For you I feel sorry; for you I feel grief.
I hope you learn to turn over a new leaf.
I just hope I helped you in some small way;
That thought provides me comfort at the end of the day.
And with that I quietly say, "No more."
I cannot open a nonexistent door.
I bid farewell, I say adieu...
I'm sorry I have to do this, but I'm sorry for YOU.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Irony (You have to know me VERY well to understand the full extent of the irony though.)
Weirdness (If that's not a word, it is now!)
Randomocity (Ditto to the comment I made on "weirdness")
Bad Luck (But I'd like to think that I have a good attitude about it!) haha :)
So, there you have it! What are ten ingredients that make up YOUR life? I'd love to hear from you!
Monday, December 14, 2009
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Yes, I am an actress.
Sometimes it is such a comfort to be able to be someone that I am not. Nobody has high expectations because they have no idea what they should expect. It is not that I hate who I am, but it can be a relief to be who I am not. It is nice to know that I can be a haggish old woman one minute, but go back to being myself the next. All you have to do is take off the mask or make-up, the funny clothes, or the itchy wig, and BOOM! You are exactly who you were before.
That, to me, is one of the many wonderful things about acting.
Acting continues to be the saving grace in my life again and again. Its a long, graceful, arm that extends towards me, and I grab on to it gratefully. I know not where it will take me, but I know it will lead me in the right direction. It is my escape from reality. Or is it the only thing in my life that is real?
"I love acting. It is so much more real than life." -Oscar Wilde.
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
"All we know is change
In friends, faces, and names"
I picked ten words out of the song that I liked, and that's how I did my Ten Things Tuesday today! Hope you like it - there may be more of these in the future! I hope you have a wonderful day! :)
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
She thinks maybe that this is just something everyone goes through, but she really doesn't know. She is tired of feeling numb, and full of emotions at the same time. However, it is hard when she never knows whether to show her emotions to other people, or to hide them. Who can she trust anymore? Honestly? The world keeps showing her over and over again that she can only trust herself, but yet she seems to trust others so easily! Sometimes, she doesn't know whether it's a blessing or a curse!
She is tired of just going with the flow and just waiting for something to happen, but what other choice does she have?! She wants to cannon ball into the water (freezing or not), but she doesn't even know how to jump! And if she did know how to jump, who would be there to catch her anyway? She is so unsure anymore. She wants to separate herself from the flow. She wants to flee from it with the burning passion resonating in her heart...
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
1. When people understand me
2. Seeing people I haven't seen in a long time
3. Feeling validated
4. Having conversations about the difference in talking, and talking
5. Discussions about books
6. When someone agrees with my opinion
7. Status updates that make me laugh on facebook
9. When I make people laugh
10. When people make ME laugh!
So there you go; if you wish, share ten things with me that make YOU happy! :)
Friday, November 13, 2009
Think about a minute. Think about HOW MUCH can happen in a mere sixty seconds. A baby can be brought into this world, while another person breathes their last breath. A family can be brought together, or a family can be torn apart. A person can have perfectly good intentions one second, but because of a momentary lapse of judgement - a stupid mistake - their life can be changed forever.
SO much can happen in one minute. Also, if something can happen in one minute, then what can happen in one month?! So much can happen in one, teeny-tiny, thirty-one day month! The cycle just goes on and on. The moments turn to days, the days turn to weeks, the weeks turn to months, the months to years, and so on. It goes on every day; it just keeps going on whether you are loving life, or your world is crashing down upon you. That thought can either be eerie or comforting. It could be eerie because of the fact that you can't stop it, but it can also be very comforting. No matter what you do, time will just keep rolling along. I prefer to look at it is comforting, because what is the point of worrying about something that only God can stop anyway?
Remember that time is inevitable. However, what you do to make use of that time is your choice, and your choice only.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Sorry for missing the past couple Ten Things Tuesday's. The play was taking up a lot of my time, but now it's over. :( Anyway, ten things that start with the letter 'D'
I chose this topic because my class and I were talking today about how it is hard to find a good word that starts with a 'D'. Weird, eh?
Thursday, October 29, 2009
I also have been really busy with school lately. I have had a lot of homework and such. It has just been super busy for me lately. Today we had 18 kids out at our school the last time I heard, and we only have 74 students! It seemed so weird - there were so few people! I think Swine Flu finally made it to our school - I hope I don't get it. I don't think I'd die or anything, but with my play coming up I don't want to be sick! Luckily I get tomorrow off, and I am hoping this weekend will be a good one.
Anyway, that's about all I have to tell! I just wanted to write something, and I decided to do something a little different than normal! I know I have missed the last couple Ten Things Tuesday's - sorry about that. Hopefully I will get back to writing more here in a couple of weeks when things slow down. Well, that's all for now, but I hope you all have a wonderful weekend/week!
Thursday, October 15, 2009
I would be lying to you if I said that I was an expert on climate change. I am a teenager...I really don't care at this point what it's doing in California when I feel like I'm 90,823,848,934 miles away! (Ha!)
I know it is important to a good number of people though. (How many politicians don't mention global warming while they are campaigning in some way, shape, or form?!) They believe in it or they think it's crazy, they care about it or they don't. It seems like we see it everywhere whether we want to or not.
"GO GREEN!" Is that not one the favorite phrases right now? However, how many people who have that phrase, or a phrase like it on a t-shirt, a sticker, whatever, ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT IT MEANS?! Okay, so we know the general meaning: keeping the earth healthy, save the world, peace everywhere! Are you nodding your head in agreement? Good.
We, as humans, tend to do things that our peers do. John does something, so Jimmy does something, so Sally does something, so Susie does something. Right?
I know that some environmental activists have really good intentions, but some of us are just going along with the ride! How many of us actually care about the climate changing? Sure, we care in times of devastation or emergency, but how many of us really care on a day to day basis? Slim to none.
I am a hypocrite in saying this, because you want to know how many times I think about climate change on a regular day? Zero. I NEVER think about climate change. It is something that doesn't even cross my mind.
All I am saying, is that maybe we should start listening to those corny commercials every once in awhile. They seem so cheesy, but they wouldn't be if everyone in the world would actually listen to them! Our world would be in much better shape! All I ask of you after reading this is to do something good for the earth that you wouldn't do on a regular basis. I will too --- I'm getting ready to go turn out a light right now. :)
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Saturday, October 10, 2009
I have what I like to call an "old soul." I may not be the most book smart person in the world, but I have some personal wisdom that many others my age do not have.
I haven't been through as much as some, but I have been through more than others. I value the experiences I have had greatly, and the wisdom that I have acquired from them.
Sometimes I act like the most immature person in the world, but other times I have the maturity of a grandmother. That is one of the complex attributes that makes me who I am.
I blossom when I get the chance to be creative. I strive to be original, like an artist in the midst of a million brain surgeons. Not at all that I am demeaning the work of brain surgeons; what they do is absolutely amazing. It's just that we all have our place in the world, but I know one of my purposes is to be a creator.
I am confident and outgoing, or shy and insecure. Some days I am not quite sure who I am. Still, no matter what day of the week it is, or how I am feeling, or what I am wearing, I always know one thing. I am always me, myself, and I. I cannot change that no matter how hard I try, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Crunch Crunch Crunch
As she gets farther and farther away from the place she has called home her entire life, she wonders. Is this the road I am supposed to take? Is this the path I am meant to travel? How can I say it isn't when I don't even know where "it" is?
She stops. She takes a moment to wipe the cold sweat off of her face; she needs a moment to gather her thoughts.
She decides that she must be going where she is supposed to go. She is meant to be wherever she is in that exact moment, because that is the only thing in life she can believe in. She can't trust anyone but herself. No matter what happens, she will just go with the flow. She won't let anything break her.
With that thought behind her, she continues to run like the wind, and vows to herself she will keep running until her heart tells her when to stop.
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
3) My family to go back to being in decent health
4) A vacation from...something...I'm not sure what, but from something, would be just swell!
5) A pass to the insane asylum (ha, you think I'm joking...)
6) Less math
7) Less homework... period
8) A movie night
9) A hug (who doesn't need a hug?!) again...ha
10) A life; if I had one, why would I be typing out ten things I need anyway?
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
1. Hope (One of my favorite words also)
2. Emily (Classic, but beautiful)
3. Jamie (I like it for boys, but also for girls!)
4. Demi (An all around pretty name I think)
5. Reese (Another pretty name for a boy or girl)...and it's a great candy too! haha :P
1. Daniel (One I have liked since I was little...)
2. Levi (Interesting, and somewhat unique)
3. Asher (VERY unique...have you noticed I like Bible-ish names?? haha)
4. Carson (Another unique one, that I quite like)
5. Jesse (I think it is a nice name, and simple)
Well, that's all for now! However, hope your creative juices started flowing; I like some pretty unique names. And hey, if you're having a kid soon it's always good to check out the options, right?! As always, if you would like let me know 10 of YOUR favorite names! Have a great night, and a wonderful day tomorrow! :)
Monday, September 21, 2009
Saturday, September 19, 2009
It won't always be this way.
Don't go astray, my dear,
You won't always have to fear.
Keep your problems at bay,
And someday you will be repaid.
From the problems you steer clear,
And to the rules you adhere.
So now you may feel dismay,
but someday it will all be okay.
The answer might not be near,
but someday your problems will disappear.
Just have faith, my dear.
Friday, September 18, 2009
I run away...
Why must you suffocate me? I fear you will be the death of me.
LET ME BREATHE...
I NEED TO BREATHE!!!
Am I not trying hard enough? Should it really be this tough?
Kill me, just kill me now.
I will not let you be the death of me.
I will not let you haunt me.
Not now, not ever.
I will dodge every punch, but I will not harm you because I don't want to stoop so low.
I WILL NOT STOOP SO LOW!
I deserve better than that, and you know it. It is only a matter of time. And when it is time, you will be no more than a memory.
No more than someone I once knew.
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Happy Ten Things Tuesday! Haha :P Anyway, my ten things for today are...10 of my favorite pastimes! So...
1. ACTING!!! (If you know me, this shouldn't surprise you...) I even had auditions today for Oliver Twist!
2. Writing (Obviously, why else would I have a blog that I update regularly??)
3. Reading (It kind of goes with writing...)
4. Bowling (One of the few sports I've actually stuck with.)
5. Tap Dancing (Even though I had to quit for the theatre.)
6. Hanging out with friends (I hope that counts as a pastime...)
7. Soccer (Even though I'm not really good.)
8. Singing (I love to sing!)
9. Myspace/Facebook (I'm Molly, and I am a social networking addict!)
10. Listening to music (I can't believe I didn't think of that one before...I LOVE listening to music.)
Well, that's it's for today! However, as always, I'd love to hear ten things about you, so feel free! Have a great start to your week! :)
Saturday, September 5, 2009
All that's left is scars.
Waiting every day---
For these years to fade away.
I cannot get out---
I am constantly filled with doubt.
Will I survive today---
Or will they put me in my grave?
Never knowing is the worst---
I feel as if I'm cursed.
But really I cursed myself---
And locked myself in this cell.
A cell that I will stay in---
until my sentence ends.
And when it finally does...I will scream at the top of my lungs, lamenting as I run.
I will not even care who hears...why worry about such petty fears?
I have grown up in this wretched garbage can.
It has turned me into who I am,
And it has changed me from a kid to a man.
Inspired by the song "Dull Life" by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
1. Homework (eww...)
2. Soccer game (my school won though!)
3. Volleyball game (yes, I watched soccer and then volleyball.)
4. Teenage life...need I say more?
5. Being temporarily emotionally unstable (ha!)
6. Lack of time in a day...
7. That little thing called school that people between the ages of 6 and 18 are required to go to.
8. Aliens abducted me.
9. #8 was a total lie
10. I just couldn't think of any more good reasons.
So anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week and a great weekend! Sorry about my Ten Things Tuesday's being so sporadic; sometimes I just get too caught up in life to even think about it.
Friday, August 28, 2009
She knows her weaknesses.
She knows other people.
She understands other people.
She gets how someone can be liked by some, but hated by others.
She knows that some of the most disliked people are just misunderstood. They have great talent somewhere inside of them, just waiting to seep out, and be seen by all.
if she is so good at understanding everything, then why does it seem that she cannot understand ...
anything at all?
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
1. seeing friends
2. meeting new people
3. having my daily dose of entertainment from the guys in my class
4. fall play try-outs soon!! (I have been talking about that one a lot...)
5. the chance to see ball games when I can
1. paying attention in classes that bore me
2. having to wait to eat lunch.
4. Umm...what was that? Oh yeah, homework!
5. Shoot...what did I forget? I knew forgot something...homework!
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Saturday, August 8, 2009
You see, when I see a song title that I think is interesting, I like to look up the lyrics. So today, I saw a couple of songs with so-called *interesting* titles, and I decided to look up the lyrics. Why not?
Well, I was absolutely APPALLED, TAKEN ABACK, AND DISGUSTED! The lyrics to these songs I looked up were some of the most disgusting, nasty words put together into a song that I have ever seen in my life! I cannot believe some people actually write stuff like this. The weird thing is that people actually like the artists, and like the songs. They buy them! They spend their hard earned money on something useless (in my eyes) and insulting; it's unbelievable!
What is also insulting is that women do things to make men write these horrible, gross songs. It gives women a bad name. The women that act that way are begging men to write the nasty songs, and I think that it is just horrible that some women are so cheap and trashy.
All in all, I just wish people had higher goals and more self esteem. I wish people had more confidence in themselves to accomplish bigger and better things. What ever happened to people wanting more out of life than a bad song with lyrics full of fluff? There needs to be change in this world, and I hope I can contribute. I hope I can at least give a small portion of goodness to the world, and those in it.
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
1. seeing old friends again
2. meeting new friends
3. the fall play starts soon after school starts
4. I love the dances (homecoming & prom)
5. I will have a lot more to do during the school year
6. I will get the daily entertainment that I always long for.
7. I probably won't worry as much about stupid things, because I will have more to keep my mind occupied.
8. I will be a senior (which is bittersweet.)
9. I will get to go to some of the ball games (hopefully!)
10. I will get to take a lot of pictures, and then remember it all later!
So, what are/were ten of your favorite things about going back to school?
Monday, August 3, 2009
I've known it all along, but will I ever know it? Will I ever know it really?
And you think that you are quite the gentleman don't you? So you opened a door for me and paid for my dinner. Do you really think that is enough for me? Do you think that is what I really want out of you most? Well, if you thought that before, you were dead wrong.
However you always have been haven't you? It was just never right, and it never will be. But I wish you the best my friend, and hope you wish the same upon me.
I might never know, but you just have to go.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Ten Things Tuesday-yes-I remembered! Anyway, today I'd like to do ten of my favorite movies.
1. The Phantom of the Opera
2. A Cinderella Story
4. John Tucker Must Die
5. A Walk to Remember
6. Cheaper By the Dozen & Cheaper By the Dozen 2
8. The Sound of Music
Now...what are ten of your favorite movies? You should a lot of mine out if you haven't already! :) Hope you all have a nice day; I am having a jolly good time at theatre camp! (haha!)
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Hopefully, however, once school starts again I will be writing more! I have another blog in mind that I want to write though, so maybe I will get that written sometime in the near future! :)
Anyway, I am very busy, as I said, but I hope you all are having a wonderful summer! I know I am; it has been extremely busy though!
Well, until next time!
Sunday, July 19, 2009
I don't know about you, but I'm no fairytale princess. Love isn't all about kisses, hugs, and holding hands. It's about the fighting, insane, chaotic mess too. Love isn't always a fantasy...it has a lot to do with reality. Sometimes people don't always see that, but it's true. People say they believe in "love at first sight," but I'm not one of those people. I think it takes time, and building up a history. It involves a lot of getting to know each other, seeing each other's strengths and weaknesses, and making memories.
Falling in love with someone is about their good points, but also their flaws and imperfections. It is about falling in love with the person as a whole---all the little quirks that make them, them.
Don't get me wrong; love is an absolutely wonderful, overwhelming, emotion. Just remember the next time you are infatuated with someone that you don't love them. At least, you don't love them yet, but maybe someday you will. That's why you need to take it slow...don't rush things, because it might turn into a chaotic disaster of hate, rather than a chaotic mess of love.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
1. Holiday World! (It is a very popular amusement/water park, at least in Indiana.)
2. I get to see friends that I don't get to see much during the school year.
3. Snow Cones, ice cream, and all of those other good, summery foods!
4. My birthday! Yes, my birthday is July 15 (tomorrow!) ...so I'm really looking forward to that!
5. No homework! What kid doesn't like that aspect of summer?!
6. The sunny weather...*sigh* :)
7. Swimming! I haven't been able to swim much this summer, but I love to when I get the chance!
8. Soccer! This summer I have been getting to play soccer some, and I love that!
9. The Fourth of July! Fireworks are pretty amazing.
10. I have been volunteering at the library this summer. At my school, we have to complete a "senior service project" before we graduate, and volunteering at the library is mine. Granted, my library job and I have a love/hate relationship, but the little kids are so cute!
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
My blog has given me a way to express myself to other people through my writing. It has been motivational for me, and I hope it has been motivational to those reading it. I wasn't sure how many people would even read my blog, but I am proud to say that I now have 8 followers on blogspot! So thank you to those 8 people VERY MUCH! I also know of a few readers that I know personally, so thank you to those people also VERY MUCH! To anyone who has ever read my blog...THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
It has been great because I have had readers everywhere from Brazil, to India, to Pakistan, and at least several other places. I didn't realize anybody out of my state would be reading my words (let alone out of my country!) So, thank you to all of those who have read my blog, left me comments, or have acquired a new perspective on something because of a blog I've written.
I remember my first blog comment. It was by someone named Lance. I do not know Lance personally, and I have not had any sort of communication with him since, but it was a great honor when he took the time to comment my blog. I felt like a published author! I know it might not be that big of a deal to you, but it was to me.
Blogging has made me feel like I have at least made a small difference in the world. I hope it can bring me that feeling to a greater extent in the years to come as I reach more and more people. Blogging has been a creative outlet, somewhere I can share my opinion, and a place I can come to let out my emotions. So I just want to say thank you to all of those people who read my blog. It has been a great pleasure hearing from you, and I am looking forward to another great year of blogging. :)
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
However, summer is more than that. It means something different to everyone. Summer is a time of peace. It is a time of getting to know yourself better. You have the time to reflect and meditate. Maybe you have more activity in the summer, or maybe you look forward to the summer because you can just be lazy.
Either way, summer is one of the most popular seasons for a lot of different reasons. To me, summer is like all good things: it must come to an end, and if there was too much of it, it would become a bad thing. Luckily, summer is balanced out exactly as it should be! We get enough of it, but not too much! God really knew what he was doing when he created summer. :)
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
1. Black-dark and mysterious, but classic. It goes with almost anything. It is a beautiful color that doesn't get as much recognition as it deserves sometimes.
2. Pink-previously it has been known as a feminine color, but I've come to realize that many guy are starting to like it too.
3. Green-the color of John Deere, and an all around beautiful color.
4. Navy Blue-it has been one of my school colors for so many years I can't help but like it.
5. Periwinkle-it's fun to say, and it's a pretty color! I always think of pixies or fairies for some reason when I see the word "periwinkle."
6. Purple-purple has always been one of my favorite colors. I'm not sure why I like it; I just do.
7. Yellow-it makes me think of happiness! :)
8. Red-it goes very well with black, and I love red trucks.
9. Lime Green-it's bright, and it is the color of my iPod.
10. Rainbow-who could not love rainbow? :)
Well, that's it for today! As always though, I want to know! What are 10 colors you love??
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
1. Japan; I've wanted to go there for a really long time for some odd reason. It's one of the places I most want to visit before I die.
2. New York; I may live there some day, so why not go ahead and check it out? It has Broadway! Why wouldn't I want to go there?!
3. California; the place where many great films have been made!
4. Italy; I love Italian food, so I figure I'd love Italy too!
5. Hawaii; the classic home of surf, sand, and sun! Who doesn't want to go there? Seriously, name one person.
6. Ireland; I love river dancing, and I just love the thought of Ireland overall. It seems like it would be great there!
7. Canada; I love the sound of going to Canada, don't you?
8. Colorado; it seems like everyone has been going there lately, and there seems to be so much to do!
9. Connecticut; I've said that I wanted to go there for a long time. I have just always liked the way it sounds.
10. Chicago; yes, sadly as an Illinoisan I have never been to Chicago. Some people thing it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, and others despise it. I would really like to check out Navy Pier though, and other places there.
So now tell me, where are ten places you would like to go?
Saturday, June 20, 2009
In a few years, this book will be all anyone has to look back on. It will be the only thing left of her or her life. Everything else will already be long gone.
You see, my friends, this book is not just a book. It is the one source that contains all that she has ever done, or ever will do in her life. Her children, grandchildren, and people she doesn't even know will look back on her life, and choose to love her or hate her, because of the story she has so tastefully written.
We all have one of these books, and our story starts at the moment of our conception. We are the only ones who can choose whether we write our book well, contemplating each word very carefully, or whether we just slop our way through the pages in an eager rush for our story to end...
How will you write your book?
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
1. Pretty Girl (The Way) by Sugarcult
2. Don't Trust Me by 3OH!3
3. I Do Not Hook Up by Kelly Clarkson
4. Come Back to Me by David Cook
5. I Am On Your Side by Hawthorne Heights
6. Scars by Papa Roach
7. If No One Will Listen by Kelly Clarkson
8. Waking Up in Vegas by Katy Perry
9. Drama Queen by Family Force 5
10. Complicated by Avril Lavigne (old, but still good!)
So there you have it! These are the songs on my current playlist! What's on yours? :)
Sunday, June 14, 2009
She cannot continue to lie to herself, however. Lying to herself has become like a virus that cannot be cured unless she accepts it. She has to accept what is the truth.
She laughs bitterly because she has no problem accepting other people for their flaws, but when it comes to her own, she acts as if she doesn't even notice. It is like she believes that if tells herself that she is, then she is, and if she tells herself that she isn't, then she isn't.
And reality will surface at some point...don't fool yourself, my dear! Reality will surface, and if you do not accept it now, then you will be overtaken by its mighty waves. So shove your fantasy aside now, and let your reality engulf you, before it's too late...
Tell me, is she real...or just a figment of your imagination?
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
I found this graphic, and I think it is so ironically true at times. Basically it comes down to this: those who truly care about us we ignore, those who we truly care about don't give us the time of day, those who we love are the ones that make our lives miserable, and we make the lives of those who love us miserable.
Don't get me wrong. It's not always that way, but there are a lot of times today when it happens. A guy likes a girl, but the girl likes someone else who doesn't really care about her. Meanwhile, the guy is miserable because the girl doesn't like him, and the girl is miserable because the guy she loves doesn't treat her well. That other guy is living the good life because no matter what he does the girl keeps running back to him, yet he doesn't have to show her any respect at all.
It is like the age, old saying: "There is no accounting for taste."
Sometimes it is just the sad but raw truth.
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
1. Hope-to cherish a desire with anticipation
2. Plethora-excess, superfluity ; also : profusion, abundance
3. Melancholy-depression of spirits
4. Parched-deprived of natural moisture
5. Theatre (spelled r-e NOT e-r!)- a: dramatic or theatrical quality or effectiveness b: spectacle 1a c: entertainment in the form of a dramatic or diverting situation or series of events
6. Hypocrite-a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings
7. Eccentric-deviating from an established or usual pattern or style
8. Facade-a false, superficial, or artificial appearance or effect
9. Insight-the power or act of seeing into a situation
10. Ironic-relating to, containing, or constituting irony
Hope you gained some insight with a plethora of wonderful words! Check back next Tuesday for another Ten Things!
Monday, June 8, 2009
I think this quote says it all: "Hate cages all the good things about you." ~Madrianne Arvore
Hate is evil. It is cruel and a total waste of time. One of the reasons it exists at all is because people have nothing better to do with their time. It is just another thing to gossip about. People hate people because of the insecurities they have about themselves.
Many may wonder why I am as accepting of others as I am. My own mother questions the depth of my compassion. All I can say is that I don't know why I am this way. I do not know why I dwell on my past, or why I still care about the people who I haven't seen in ages.
Sometimes you really have to look for the goodness in a person, but I believe if you look long enough you will find the good in almost everyone. I think there is good in everyone even if it is so minimal that it is hidden underneath all of the bad.
First impressions---even second impressions---are not always right. Like they say you can't judge a book by its cover. I have learned this through numerous life experiences, and it is a bit of wisdom that I will carry with me for the rest of my life.
You have to dig deep to know someone; you have to really care about getting to know them. Some people pass judgement before they even give their innocent victims a chance. That isn't fair. You have to take the time to get to know someone before you decide whether they are worth getting to know or not.
Thursday, June 4, 2009
I am sure a lot of you can remember when you learned to ride your bike, when you lost your first tooth, but what about when you first learned to tie your shoes? It is something that rarely, if ever, crosses our minds because it has become so habitual. Put on shoe. Make an 'x' with the laces. One lace goes under and then pull it tight. Make one bunny ear. Around the tree. Make another bunny ear...and viola! You've tied your shoe.
However today my lunch made me think about tying my shoes. Yes...you read it right; my lunch made me think about tying my shoes. Of course you ask why. Why would popcorn chicken have anything to do with tying your shoes?
You see, my meal was what is called a 'laptop' from KFC. (If you don't know what a laptop is, it is basically a kid's meal from KFC, and the box is in the shape of a laptop.) The box always has fun facts or games for young children to do. So I look down today, and I see detailed directions on how to tie your shoes!
Can't you just imagine this: "Mommy, I wanna learn how to tie my shoes! Teach me!" "Just read your box from KFC, honey. It explains everything." "Um, only one problem." "What is it Tommy?" "I can't read yet."
My question to KFC is: If a child is too young to tie their shoes, then how in the heck will they read the directions that explain how to do it?!?!
Monday, June 1, 2009
Ten Things I Like...
1. Hope. I LOVE hope because I have been through several experiences in my life when hope was what I desperately needed. Without hope I would have had much more trouble surviving those troublesome hardships. Hope to me is more than just a word; it might not quite be a religion, but it is something to keep you optimistic during the rough times. It keeps you going when you just don't feel like getting out of bed.
2. Acting. If you don't know me personally, then you might not know that acting is about my favorite thing in the entire world. If you do know me however, then you should definitely know that acting is what I live for! Some people feel most alive while running, cooking, or any other number of hobbies. I feel most alive while on the stage performing in front of a large audience.
3. Books. I love reading books, and of course I love writing. Books make me feel philosophical; they make me feel smarter somehow.. even if I am just reading a mushy romance novel or a psychology book I've picked up from the self-help section. I think what I like almost as much as the books themselves is the feeling I get after reading a great book. Even looking at a book gives me that feel-good feeling. I like to look at the thickness of the book and see how many pages there are. I like to read the back cover, and carry it around with me. I just like all of the many facets of books, and the way they make you think and feel.
4. Rain. I love rain. I think of rain as "the grandmother of elements." Rain is like a sort of comfort to me. It makes me think of emotions, tears. Tears can be sad, but they can also be happy. Actually, tears can mean more than just a simple "happy" or "sad." They can mean "overwhelmed," "frustrated," "grateful," and an endless amount of other emotions. I love puddles, the feel of rain, storms, and the way the sky looks while it's raining.
5. Black. I love the color black. Some people see it as morbid or depressing, but I see it as a very expressive color. It can mean so many things. I have black clothes, a black car, and even a black cat, and I love them all. If I had to pick a favorite color it would probably be black. Black is a color that reminds me of the theatre. Black is also a color that goes great with other colors like red or white.
6. Music. I love how music can be so simple, yet so complex at the same time. Sometimes when you browse through a person's iPod it is like digging deep into their soul. If you know someones music taste it can help you to determine what kind of person they are. I love how through lyrics you can relate to the artist or the band singing [or even possibly screaming] them. I am obsessed with lyrics, and that is how I decide if I like a song most of the time.
7. Acceptance. There is not much I am going to say about acceptance. I just think there should be more of it in the world. I think we would all get along so much better in this world if we all took a little time to learn to accept something or someone that we don't. We can never judge someone fully because we are not in their mind, and we do not know all of the internal battles they might be going through. Only God can really judge a person.
8. Soccer. Soccer is something I have recently gotten into. My whole life I have never been much of an athlete. I have tried several sports, and bowling is the one I have stuck with since fourth grade. I also played volleyball for several years and wasn't bad at it. I just have never been one of those hardcore you play to win people. This past year in P. E. however, I have found that I absolutely love soccer. I love it so much so that I have been going to open-fields at my school this summer. Open-fields are kind of like a warm up for the season, but at my school you don't have to actually be on "the team" to go to the open-fields in the summer. What is funny is that at my school we don't have a girls team, so I have to play with the boys. (Mind you, I'd never really played soccer in my life before this past year.) I go to a very small school though, and the boys there are very good-natured and supporting of me. They cheer me on, and don't make fun of me even though I am definitely not a soccer pro.
9. Pictures. I love to take, and to be in pictures. Whether they are of people or things I think pictures are a way to keep memories. While videos capture a scene, pictures capture a moment...a feeling. They show what you were feeling right at the moment that you took the picture. It is a way of remembering how a person was, and to see how much someone has changed through the years.
10. Converse. I am not a big brand name person. I would much rather have clothes from Wal*Mart than from Abercrombie & Fitch. However, there is one brand I absolutely love; Converse! I know they are just shoes, but to me they are more. That may sound corny, but to me Chucks are not just a brand of shoes. There are so many different kinds and styles! They are an expression of individuality.
Ten Things I Hate...
1. I HATE BULLYING. I have been bullied in the past, and I wish people would realize just how much it can hurt a person. It can be physical or emotional. The sad part is that the victim remembers the pain for years, but the bully forgets about it as soon as he/she causes it.
2. Racism, Homophobia, Sexism, Etc. I do not at all appreciate when people think they are better than someone else because of their skin color, sexual orientation, gender, or anything of that nature. I do not understand why people feel that they have a right to hate someone that they do not even know because of their race, preferences, or gender.
3. Running for long periods of time. I have mild asthma, so it's hard for me to breathe anyway sometimes, and running for long distances just makes it worse.
4. Algebra. I HATE HATE HATE ALGEBRA!!!!! I don't know why I didn't think of this one sooner! Math is definitely not my thing, and I don't know why I need so much of it anyway! I'm going to be an actress and a writer, so why in the heck do I need so many math classes?!
5. Abercrombie & Fitch. As I mentioned earlier, I would much rather wear Wal*Mart than Abercrombie. I hate how even though Abercrombie & Fitch is so over-priced people still seem to be dying to wear it. I used to go to a school where if you were anyone at all you had clothing from Abercrombie. Really, don't get me started. I better just stop now before I get to fired up.
6. When screamo songs have great lyrics, but I can't understand any of the words. Don't get me wrong; I like some screamo music. It's just that I hate when a song has such good lyrics, but I can't understand any of them when I'm listening to it.
7. Writing blocks. What more is there to say? I think about any writer would agree with me. I despise writing blocks.
8. When people are so overly obsessed with the book Twilight that it gets annoying. Don't get me wrong; I absolutely love the whole Twilight saga by Stephenie Meyer, but some people have gone way overboard with their obsession. When it's to the point that it's all you talk about, it's annoying.
9. Salad. I have never tried salad in my life, but I have always refused to eat it. Don't ask me why. It is just a food that never looked good when I was a kid, and it followed me into my preteen and teenage years.
10. Boring research papers. I hate when I have to research a topic that I'm not interested in and write a paper on it. It is something that really gets on my nerves.
So...there you have it folks! Ten things I like, and ten things I hate. BUT THIS IS NOT THE END!!! This one prompt inspired me to start something called "Ten Things Tuesday." Basically, this means that every Tuesday I plan on trying to come up with ten things (ten favorite bands, ten random facts about me, etc.) to write about. I don't plan on all of them being as long as today's (which was actually twenty things). I know that was longer than my normal post, so thank you for sticking with me on this one if you made it all the way through. haha! Anyway on posts like these I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU! You, as readers, are important to me. So tell me...what are ten things YOU like and ten things YOU hate. Remember to check back next week for another "Ten Things Tuesday!" I hope through this process I can learn more about my readers, and that you readers can learn more about me!
Friday, May 29, 2009
"Sincere forgiveness isn't colored with expectations that the other person apologize or change. Don't worry whether or not they finally understand you. Love them and release them. Life feeds back truth to people in its own way and time." -Sara Paddison.
Forgiveness is a very meaningful word to me. It is one of the most important actions someone can do to maintain any kind of relationship. Forgiving someone is about love. It is about believing in your heart that you still love a person even if they betrayed you, failed you, or hurt you in any way.
Sometimes your forgiveness is willingly accepted, but other times it is not. When your gift of forgiveness to someone is denied, then it can be one of the hardest life lessons to learn. It can be absolutely devastating to a person.
However, if you dwell on the gift that they will not accept, then you will become bitter again. You will become bitter because they will not accept the forgiveness that you give them, so in turn you will be unforgiving of them not accepting your forgiveness. How confusing is that? It is something that seems absolutely ridiculous! It is absolutely ridiculous!
Why do we as humans worry about the things in which we cannot change? I know I do it. It is one of my bad habits. It is kind of like wanting something you can't have. It seems that people always want the one thing that they cannot have when the world offers them so much more!
If we expect nothing and get nothing, then we will never be let down. In contrast if we expect everything and get nothing, then we will certainly be let down. So why not try and focus on expecting nothing? That way, if we do get something we will be absolutely overjoyed!
Sometimes we just have to let go of what we love, and if it is really meant to come back it will. If it is not meant to be, then so be it. If we get nothing else in return we will at least know the truth when it is ready to reveal itself to us.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
To me this quote is very motivational. If you have to go on a journey of a thousand miles, every time you take a step forward you are one step closer to your destination.
However, I do not take this quote literally. I take it in a more hypothetical way.
Let's say you have to write a ten page essay on a topic of your choice. If you are chosen as the winner, you will receive a quite large sum of money to use as a scholarship for college. This is the last straw; it is your last hope for going to college. Your parents don't have the money and you are already working two jobs. You know you only have a one in a million chance, but what if...?
If you do not take that one step forward, there will not be a time when you do not think, "What if...?" If you write the essay and are not picked then you will know you tried your darnedest to get that scholarship; you will not regret that decision. In contrast, if you write the essay and are picked you have everything and more! If you had made one tiny mistake and had not written the essay, then it could have cost you everything you worked for all those years of struggling and trying your best to get by.
See how just one little step forward can make a world of difference? I do. You must take that single step forward. Do not fret about how long the journey may take, but realize how great it will be when you finally get there...
Sunday, May 24, 2009
We will all take various 'falls' in our lives, whether it is just a little trip in our step, or a horrible fall down to rock bottom. Many of us experience both of these different 'falls' at some point in our lives.
However, if we just stay down on the ground we will not make any progress. Likewise, if we half-heartily stand back up, we will just keep tripping.
In contrast if we stand strong we will continue to stand. Then if ever we may fall again we will still remember how we stood strong in our hearts, and be able to do it again and again whatever troubles may come our way.
Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.
Thursday, May 21, 2009
She wonders what "being real" is anymore. If you are trying to be real is that being something you're not or is it striving to be something you could potentially become?
If everybody is so beautiful on the inside, why does everyone feel the need to deck out in the coolest clothes and cover their faces with a full blown mask? Are each and every one of us just hypocrites by nature? Is anybody real?? Or is it all just a mere fantasy..?