Tuesday, June 30, 2009
1. Black-dark and mysterious, but classic. It goes with almost anything. It is a beautiful color that doesn't get as much recognition as it deserves sometimes.
2. Pink-previously it has been known as a feminine color, but I've come to realize that many guy are starting to like it too.
3. Green-the color of John Deere, and an all around beautiful color.
4. Navy Blue-it has been one of my school colors for so many years I can't help but like it.
5. Periwinkle-it's fun to say, and it's a pretty color! I always think of pixies or fairies for some reason when I see the word "periwinkle."
6. Purple-purple has always been one of my favorite colors. I'm not sure why I like it; I just do.
7. Yellow-it makes me think of happiness! :)
8. Red-it goes very well with black, and I love red trucks.
9. Lime Green-it's bright, and it is the color of my iPod.
10. Rainbow-who could not love rainbow? :)
Well, that's it for today! As always though, I want to know! What are 10 colors you love??
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
1. Japan; I've wanted to go there for a really long time for some odd reason. It's one of the places I most want to visit before I die.
2. New York; I may live there some day, so why not go ahead and check it out? It has Broadway! Why wouldn't I want to go there?!
3. California; the place where many great films have been made!
4. Italy; I love Italian food, so I figure I'd love Italy too!
5. Hawaii; the classic home of surf, sand, and sun! Who doesn't want to go there? Seriously, name one person.
6. Ireland; I love river dancing, and I just love the thought of Ireland overall. It seems like it would be great there!
7. Canada; I love the sound of going to Canada, don't you?
8. Colorado; it seems like everyone has been going there lately, and there seems to be so much to do!
9. Connecticut; I've said that I wanted to go there for a long time. I have just always liked the way it sounds.
10. Chicago; yes, sadly as an Illinoisan I have never been to Chicago. Some people thing it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, and others despise it. I would really like to check out Navy Pier though, and other places there.
So now tell me, where are ten places you would like to go?
Saturday, June 20, 2009
In a few years, this book will be all anyone has to look back on. It will be the only thing left of her or her life. Everything else will already be long gone.
You see, my friends, this book is not just a book. It is the one source that contains all that she has ever done, or ever will do in her life. Her children, grandchildren, and people she doesn't even know will look back on her life, and choose to love her or hate her, because of the story she has so tastefully written.
We all have one of these books, and our story starts at the moment of our conception. We are the only ones who can choose whether we write our book well, contemplating each word very carefully, or whether we just slop our way through the pages in an eager rush for our story to end...
How will you write your book?
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
1. Pretty Girl (The Way) by Sugarcult
2. Don't Trust Me by 3OH!3
3. I Do Not Hook Up by Kelly Clarkson
4. Come Back to Me by David Cook
5. I Am On Your Side by Hawthorne Heights
6. Scars by Papa Roach
7. If No One Will Listen by Kelly Clarkson
8. Waking Up in Vegas by Katy Perry
9. Drama Queen by Family Force 5
10. Complicated by Avril Lavigne (old, but still good!)
So there you have it! These are the songs on my current playlist! What's on yours? :)
Sunday, June 14, 2009
She cannot continue to lie to herself, however. Lying to herself has become like a virus that cannot be cured unless she accepts it. She has to accept what is the truth.
She laughs bitterly because she has no problem accepting other people for their flaws, but when it comes to her own, she acts as if she doesn't even notice. It is like she believes that if tells herself that she is, then she is, and if she tells herself that she isn't, then she isn't.
And reality will surface at some point...don't fool yourself, my dear! Reality will surface, and if you do not accept it now, then you will be overtaken by its mighty waves. So shove your fantasy aside now, and let your reality engulf you, before it's too late...
Tell me, is she real...or just a figment of your imagination?
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
I found this graphic, and I think it is so ironically true at times. Basically it comes down to this: those who truly care about us we ignore, those who we truly care about don't give us the time of day, those who we love are the ones that make our lives miserable, and we make the lives of those who love us miserable.
Don't get me wrong. It's not always that way, but there are a lot of times today when it happens. A guy likes a girl, but the girl likes someone else who doesn't really care about her. Meanwhile, the guy is miserable because the girl doesn't like him, and the girl is miserable because the guy she loves doesn't treat her well. That other guy is living the good life because no matter what he does the girl keeps running back to him, yet he doesn't have to show her any respect at all.
It is like the age, old saying: "There is no accounting for taste."
Sometimes it is just the sad but raw truth.
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
1. Hope-to cherish a desire with anticipation
2. Plethora-excess, superfluity ; also : profusion, abundance
3. Melancholy-depression of spirits
4. Parched-deprived of natural moisture
5. Theatre (spelled r-e NOT e-r!)- a: dramatic or theatrical quality or effectiveness b: spectacle 1a c: entertainment in the form of a dramatic or diverting situation or series of events
6. Hypocrite-a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings
7. Eccentric-deviating from an established or usual pattern or style
8. Facade-a false, superficial, or artificial appearance or effect
9. Insight-the power or act of seeing into a situation
10. Ironic-relating to, containing, or constituting irony
Hope you gained some insight with a plethora of wonderful words! Check back next Tuesday for another Ten Things!
Monday, June 8, 2009
I think this quote says it all: "Hate cages all the good things about you." ~Madrianne Arvore
Hate is evil. It is cruel and a total waste of time. One of the reasons it exists at all is because people have nothing better to do with their time. It is just another thing to gossip about. People hate people because of the insecurities they have about themselves.
Many may wonder why I am as accepting of others as I am. My own mother questions the depth of my compassion. All I can say is that I don't know why I am this way. I do not know why I dwell on my past, or why I still care about the people who I haven't seen in ages.
Sometimes you really have to look for the goodness in a person, but I believe if you look long enough you will find the good in almost everyone. I think there is good in everyone even if it is so minimal that it is hidden underneath all of the bad.
First impressions---even second impressions---are not always right. Like they say you can't judge a book by its cover. I have learned this through numerous life experiences, and it is a bit of wisdom that I will carry with me for the rest of my life.
You have to dig deep to know someone; you have to really care about getting to know them. Some people pass judgement before they even give their innocent victims a chance. That isn't fair. You have to take the time to get to know someone before you decide whether they are worth getting to know or not.
Thursday, June 4, 2009
I am sure a lot of you can remember when you learned to ride your bike, when you lost your first tooth, but what about when you first learned to tie your shoes? It is something that rarely, if ever, crosses our minds because it has become so habitual. Put on shoe. Make an 'x' with the laces. One lace goes under and then pull it tight. Make one bunny ear. Around the tree. Make another bunny ear...and viola! You've tied your shoe.
However today my lunch made me think about tying my shoes. Yes...you read it right; my lunch made me think about tying my shoes. Of course you ask why. Why would popcorn chicken have anything to do with tying your shoes?
You see, my meal was what is called a 'laptop' from KFC. (If you don't know what a laptop is, it is basically a kid's meal from KFC, and the box is in the shape of a laptop.) The box always has fun facts or games for young children to do. So I look down today, and I see detailed directions on how to tie your shoes!
Can't you just imagine this: "Mommy, I wanna learn how to tie my shoes! Teach me!" "Just read your box from KFC, honey. It explains everything." "Um, only one problem." "What is it Tommy?" "I can't read yet."
My question to KFC is: If a child is too young to tie their shoes, then how in the heck will they read the directions that explain how to do it?!?!
Monday, June 1, 2009
Ten Things I Like...
1. Hope. I LOVE hope because I have been through several experiences in my life when hope was what I desperately needed. Without hope I would have had much more trouble surviving those troublesome hardships. Hope to me is more than just a word; it might not quite be a religion, but it is something to keep you optimistic during the rough times. It keeps you going when you just don't feel like getting out of bed.
2. Acting. If you don't know me personally, then you might not know that acting is about my favorite thing in the entire world. If you do know me however, then you should definitely know that acting is what I live for! Some people feel most alive while running, cooking, or any other number of hobbies. I feel most alive while on the stage performing in front of a large audience.
3. Books. I love reading books, and of course I love writing. Books make me feel philosophical; they make me feel smarter somehow.. even if I am just reading a mushy romance novel or a psychology book I've picked up from the self-help section. I think what I like almost as much as the books themselves is the feeling I get after reading a great book. Even looking at a book gives me that feel-good feeling. I like to look at the thickness of the book and see how many pages there are. I like to read the back cover, and carry it around with me. I just like all of the many facets of books, and the way they make you think and feel.
4. Rain. I love rain. I think of rain as "the grandmother of elements." Rain is like a sort of comfort to me. It makes me think of emotions, tears. Tears can be sad, but they can also be happy. Actually, tears can mean more than just a simple "happy" or "sad." They can mean "overwhelmed," "frustrated," "grateful," and an endless amount of other emotions. I love puddles, the feel of rain, storms, and the way the sky looks while it's raining.
5. Black. I love the color black. Some people see it as morbid or depressing, but I see it as a very expressive color. It can mean so many things. I have black clothes, a black car, and even a black cat, and I love them all. If I had to pick a favorite color it would probably be black. Black is a color that reminds me of the theatre. Black is also a color that goes great with other colors like red or white.
6. Music. I love how music can be so simple, yet so complex at the same time. Sometimes when you browse through a person's iPod it is like digging deep into their soul. If you know someones music taste it can help you to determine what kind of person they are. I love how through lyrics you can relate to the artist or the band singing [or even possibly screaming] them. I am obsessed with lyrics, and that is how I decide if I like a song most of the time.
7. Acceptance. There is not much I am going to say about acceptance. I just think there should be more of it in the world. I think we would all get along so much better in this world if we all took a little time to learn to accept something or someone that we don't. We can never judge someone fully because we are not in their mind, and we do not know all of the internal battles they might be going through. Only God can really judge a person.
8. Soccer. Soccer is something I have recently gotten into. My whole life I have never been much of an athlete. I have tried several sports, and bowling is the one I have stuck with since fourth grade. I also played volleyball for several years and wasn't bad at it. I just have never been one of those hardcore you play to win people. This past year in P. E. however, I have found that I absolutely love soccer. I love it so much so that I have been going to open-fields at my school this summer. Open-fields are kind of like a warm up for the season, but at my school you don't have to actually be on "the team" to go to the open-fields in the summer. What is funny is that at my school we don't have a girls team, so I have to play with the boys. (Mind you, I'd never really played soccer in my life before this past year.) I go to a very small school though, and the boys there are very good-natured and supporting of me. They cheer me on, and don't make fun of me even though I am definitely not a soccer pro.
9. Pictures. I love to take, and to be in pictures. Whether they are of people or things I think pictures are a way to keep memories. While videos capture a scene, pictures capture a moment...a feeling. They show what you were feeling right at the moment that you took the picture. It is a way of remembering how a person was, and to see how much someone has changed through the years.
10. Converse. I am not a big brand name person. I would much rather have clothes from Wal*Mart than from Abercrombie & Fitch. However, there is one brand I absolutely love; Converse! I know they are just shoes, but to me they are more. That may sound corny, but to me Chucks are not just a brand of shoes. There are so many different kinds and styles! They are an expression of individuality.
Ten Things I Hate...
1. I HATE BULLYING. I have been bullied in the past, and I wish people would realize just how much it can hurt a person. It can be physical or emotional. The sad part is that the victim remembers the pain for years, but the bully forgets about it as soon as he/she causes it.
2. Racism, Homophobia, Sexism, Etc. I do not at all appreciate when people think they are better than someone else because of their skin color, sexual orientation, gender, or anything of that nature. I do not understand why people feel that they have a right to hate someone that they do not even know because of their race, preferences, or gender.
3. Running for long periods of time. I have mild asthma, so it's hard for me to breathe anyway sometimes, and running for long distances just makes it worse.
4. Algebra. I HATE HATE HATE ALGEBRA!!!!! I don't know why I didn't think of this one sooner! Math is definitely not my thing, and I don't know why I need so much of it anyway! I'm going to be an actress and a writer, so why in the heck do I need so many math classes?!
5. Abercrombie & Fitch. As I mentioned earlier, I would much rather wear Wal*Mart than Abercrombie. I hate how even though Abercrombie & Fitch is so over-priced people still seem to be dying to wear it. I used to go to a school where if you were anyone at all you had clothing from Abercrombie. Really, don't get me started. I better just stop now before I get to fired up.
6. When screamo songs have great lyrics, but I can't understand any of the words. Don't get me wrong; I like some screamo music. It's just that I hate when a song has such good lyrics, but I can't understand any of them when I'm listening to it.
7. Writing blocks. What more is there to say? I think about any writer would agree with me. I despise writing blocks.
8. When people are so overly obsessed with the book Twilight that it gets annoying. Don't get me wrong; I absolutely love the whole Twilight saga by Stephenie Meyer, but some people have gone way overboard with their obsession. When it's to the point that it's all you talk about, it's annoying.
9. Salad. I have never tried salad in my life, but I have always refused to eat it. Don't ask me why. It is just a food that never looked good when I was a kid, and it followed me into my preteen and teenage years.
10. Boring research papers. I hate when I have to research a topic that I'm not interested in and write a paper on it. It is something that really gets on my nerves.
So...there you have it folks! Ten things I like, and ten things I hate. BUT THIS IS NOT THE END!!! This one prompt inspired me to start something called "Ten Things Tuesday." Basically, this means that every Tuesday I plan on trying to come up with ten things (ten favorite bands, ten random facts about me, etc.) to write about. I don't plan on all of them being as long as today's (which was actually twenty things). I know that was longer than my normal post, so thank you for sticking with me on this one if you made it all the way through. haha! Anyway on posts like these I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU! You, as readers, are important to me. So tell me...what are ten things YOU like and ten things YOU hate. Remember to check back next week for another "Ten Things Tuesday!" I hope through this process I can learn more about my readers, and that you readers can learn more about me!