Monday, June 1, 2009

Ten Things Tuesday Kick-Off!!!

I decided to try somewhat of a different post this time. I have been trying to come up with some new, interesting ideas that might bring some more traffic to my blog. So I searched around a bit for blog prompts, and I found one idea I liked in particular. "Write about 10 things that you like and 10 things you hate," So without any further adieu, I will do just that!

Ten Things I Like...
1. Hope. I LOVE hope because I have been through several experiences in my life when hope was what I desperately needed. Without hope I would have had much more trouble surviving those troublesome hardships. Hope to me is more than just a word; it might not quite be a religion, but it is something to keep you optimistic during the rough times. It keeps you going when you just don't feel like getting out of bed.
2. Acting. If you don't know me personally, then you might not know that acting is about my favorite thing in the entire world. If you do know me however, then you should definitely know that acting is what I live for! Some people feel most alive while running, cooking, or any other number of hobbies. I feel most alive while on the stage performing in front of a large audience.
3. Books. I love reading books, and of course I love writing. Books make me feel philosophical; they make me feel smarter somehow.. even if I am just reading a mushy romance novel or a psychology book I've picked up from the self-help section. I think what I like almost as much as the books themselves is the feeling I get after reading a great book. Even looking at a book gives me that feel-good feeling. I like to look at the thickness of the book and see how many pages there are. I like to read the back cover, and carry it around with me. I just like all of the many facets of books, and the way they make you think and feel.
4. Rain. I love rain. I think of rain as "the grandmother of elements." Rain is like a sort of comfort to me. It makes me think of emotions, tears. Tears can be sad, but they can also be happy. Actually, tears can mean more than just a simple "happy" or "sad." They can mean "overwhelmed," "frustrated," "grateful," and an endless amount of other emotions. I love puddles, the feel of rain, storms, and the way the sky looks while it's raining.
5. Black. I love the color black. Some people see it as morbid or depressing, but I see it as a very expressive color. It can mean so many things. I have black clothes, a black car, and even a black cat, and I love them all. If I had to pick a favorite color it would probably be black. Black is a color that reminds me of the theatre. Black is also a color that goes great with other colors like red or white.
6. Music. I love how music can be so simple, yet so complex at the same time. Sometimes when you browse through a person's iPod it is like digging deep into their soul. If you know someones music taste it can help you to determine what kind of person they are. I love how through lyrics you can relate to the artist or the band singing [or even possibly screaming] them. I am obsessed with lyrics, and that is how I decide if I like a song most of the time.
7. Acceptance. There is not much I am going to say about acceptance. I just think there should be more of it in the world. I think we would all get along so much better in this world if we all took a little time to learn to accept something or someone that we don't. We can never judge someone fully because we are not in their mind, and we do not know all of the internal battles they might be going through. Only God can really judge a person.
8. Soccer. Soccer is something I have recently gotten into. My whole life I have never been much of an athlete. I have tried several sports, and bowling is the one I have stuck with since fourth grade. I also played volleyball for several years and wasn't bad at it. I just have never been one of those hardcore you play to win people. This past year in P. E. however, I have found that I absolutely love soccer. I love it so much so that I have been going to open-fields at my school this summer. Open-fields are kind of like a warm up for the season, but at my school you don't have to actually be on "the team" to go to the open-fields in the summer. What is funny is that at my school we don't have a girls team, so I have to play with the boys. (Mind you, I'd never really played soccer in my life before this past year.) I go to a very small school though, and the boys there are very good-natured and supporting of me. They cheer me on, and don't make fun of me even though I am definitely not a soccer pro.
9. Pictures. I love to take, and to be in pictures. Whether they are of people or things I think pictures are a way to keep memories. While videos capture a scene, pictures capture a moment...a feeling. They show what you were feeling right at the moment that you took the picture. It is a way of remembering how a person was, and to see how much someone has changed through the years.
10. Converse. I am not a big brand name person. I would much rather have clothes from Wal*Mart than from Abercrombie & Fitch. However, there is one brand I absolutely love; Converse! I know they are just shoes, but to me they are more. That may sound corny, but to me Chucks are not just a brand of shoes. There are so many different kinds and styles! They are an expression of individuality.
Ten Things I Hate...
1. I HATE BULLYING. I have been bullied in the past, and I wish people would realize just how much it can hurt a person. It can be physical or emotional. The sad part is that the victim remembers the pain for years, but the bully forgets about it as soon as he/she causes it.
2. Racism, Homophobia, Sexism, Etc. I do not at all appreciate when people think they are better than someone else because of their skin color, sexual orientation, gender, or anything of that nature. I do not understand why people feel that they have a right to hate someone that they do not even know because of their race, preferences, or gender.
3. Running for long periods of time. I have mild asthma, so it's hard for me to breathe anyway sometimes, and running for long distances just makes it worse.
4. Algebra. I HATE HATE HATE ALGEBRA!!!!! I don't know why I didn't think of this one sooner! Math is definitely not my thing, and I don't know why I need so much of it anyway! I'm going to be an actress and a writer, so why in the heck do I need so many math classes?!
5. Abercrombie & Fitch. As I mentioned earlier, I would much rather wear Wal*Mart than Abercrombie. I hate how even though Abercrombie & Fitch is so over-priced people still seem to be dying to wear it. I used to go to a school where if you were anyone at all you had clothing from Abercrombie. Really, don't get me started. I better just stop now before I get to fired up.
6. When screamo songs have great lyrics, but I can't understand any of the words. Don't get me wrong; I like some screamo music. It's just that I hate when a song has such good lyrics, but I can't understand any of them when I'm listening to it.
7. Writing blocks. What more is there to say? I think about any writer would agree with me. I despise writing blocks.
8. When people are so overly obsessed with the book Twilight that it gets annoying. Don't get me wrong; I absolutely love the whole Twilight saga by Stephenie Meyer, but some people have gone way overboard with their obsession. When it's to the point that it's all you talk about, it's annoying.
9. Salad. I have never tried salad in my life, but I have always refused to eat it. Don't ask me why. It is just a food that never looked good when I was a kid, and it followed me into my preteen and teenage years.
10. Boring research papers. I hate when I have to research a topic that I'm not interested in and write a paper on it. It is something that really gets on my nerves.
**********************************************************************************
So...there you have it folks! Ten things I like, and ten things I hate. BUT THIS IS NOT THE END!!! This one prompt inspired me to start something called "Ten Things Tuesday." Basically, this means that every Tuesday I plan on trying to come up with ten things (ten favorite bands, ten random facts about me, etc.) to write about. I don't plan on all of them being as long as today's (which was actually twenty things). I know that was longer than my normal post, so thank you for sticking with me on this one if you made it all the way through. haha! Anyway on posts like these I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU! You, as readers, are important to me. So tell me...what are ten things YOU like and ten things YOU hate. Remember to check back next week for another "Ten Things Tuesday!" I hope through this process I can learn more about my readers, and that you readers can learn more about me!

No comments: