Saturday, October 10, 2009

Run Like the Wind.

She hears the crunch of the leaves beneath her, as she feels the chilly, autumn air blow gently on her face. She isn't sure where she's going, but she doesn't care. All she wants to do is run. She wants to run and not stop until she gets to some place that she's meant to be.
Crunch Crunch Crunch
As she gets farther and farther away from the place she has called home her entire life, she wonders. Is this the road I am supposed to take? Is this the path I am meant to travel? How can I say it isn't when I don't even know where "it" is?
She stops. She takes a moment to wipe the cold sweat off of her face; she needs a moment to gather her thoughts.
She decides that she must be going where she is supposed to go. She is meant to be wherever she is in that exact moment, because that is the only thing in life she can believe in. She can't trust anyone but herself. No matter what happens, she will just go with the flow. She won't let anything break her.
With that thought behind her, she continues to run like the wind, and vows to herself she will keep running until her heart tells her when to stop.

1 comment:

f8hasit said...

Hey Molly...first, thanks for stopping by my site. You've earned yourself a follower back as well!

Second, great writing! I now can't wait to read further.

I wish I were as talented as you at your age. Well done.
:-)