Saturday, August 8, 2009

R-E-S-P-E-C-T! (There Needs to be More of it!)

I have come to realize that some men need to have a lot more respect for women. A couple of rappers that are thought very highly of have some of the most demeaning lyrics towards women I have ever seen or heard in my life.

You see, when I see a song title that I think is interesting, I like to look up the lyrics. So today, I saw a couple of songs with so-called *interesting* titles, and I decided to look up the lyrics. Why not?

Well, I was absolutely APPALLED, TAKEN ABACK, AND DISGUSTED! The lyrics to these songs I looked up were some of the most disgusting, nasty words put together into a song that I have ever seen in my life! I cannot believe some people actually write stuff like this. The weird thing is that people actually like the artists, and like the songs. They buy them! They spend their hard earned money on something useless (in my eyes) and insulting; it's unbelievable!

What is also insulting is that women do things to make men write these horrible, gross songs. It gives women a bad name. The women that act that way are begging men to write the nasty songs, and I think that it is just horrible that some women are so cheap and trashy.

All in all, I just wish people had higher goals and more self esteem. I wish people had more confidence in themselves to accomplish bigger and better things. What ever happened to people wanting more out of life than a bad song with lyrics full of fluff? There needs to be change in this world, and I hope I can contribute. I hope I can at least give a small portion of goodness to the world, and those in it.

No comments: