Friday, November 13, 2009

Your Time is Only YOUR Choice.

"For in a minute there are many days," is a quote from the beloved Shakespeare play, Romeo and Juliet. I saw that quote once somewhere, and it really made me think. At the time I saw it, I think a lot of things were happening in my life really fast, all at once, and that is why it struck me as ironic. Today, I thought of that quote again, and the point of it struck me once more. It made me think about how truthful that quote was.
Think about a minute. Think about HOW MUCH can happen in a mere sixty seconds. A baby can be brought into this world, while another person breathes their last breath. A family can be brought together, or a family can be torn apart. A person can have perfectly good intentions one second, but because of a momentary lapse of judgement - a stupid mistake - their life can be changed forever.
SO much can happen in one minute. Also, if something can happen in one minute, then what can happen in one month?! So much can happen in one, teeny-tiny, thirty-one day month! The cycle just goes on and on. The moments turn to days, the days turn to weeks, the weeks turn to months, the months to years, and so on. It goes on every day; it just keeps going on whether you are loving life, or your world is crashing down upon you. That thought can either be eerie or comforting. It could be eerie because of the fact that you can't stop it, but it can also be very comforting. No matter what you do, time will just keep rolling along. I prefer to look at it is comforting, because what is the point of worrying about something that only God can stop anyway?
Remember that time is inevitable. However, what you do to make use of that time is your choice, and your choice only.

No comments: