Friday, March 25, 2011

A Debt That Will Never be Paid


I have you in my hand, under my control
I left you out to dry - left you in the cold
Though I have good reasons, I wish you'd proved me wrong
At first you only fooled me - you've been this way all along

Maybe I taught you something, and for that I am not sad
I only wish I could forget, because I now consider you dead
I have all of these memories, and when I remember I can't help but be glad
I only wish it could have lasted - all those good times we had

I still see you now, and it's kind of bittersweet
Sweet because of the memories, bitter because you yanked them from under my feet
I have forgiven you, but that doesn't make me forget
It is still hard to look at you - to me, you will forever be in my debt






Photos Courtesy of:  www.weheartit.com

No comments: