Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Feather Extensions: Yay or Nay?

I logged in just now, and realized it has been over a month since I have posted a blog!  I feel horrible about that, especially since I keep saying I want to get back on track.  I truly do want to get back on track; I guess I have just had a hard time with my focus and motivation.

With that aside, today I want to ask you all a question.  What do all of you think of the new "fad" that is feather hair extensions?  Do you think they are a good alternative to dying your hair?  Personally, I have two, and I love them to death.  I have gotten highlights before, but I have never really been allowed or able to dye my hair, partially because it is so thin.  However, when I was getting my hair done not too long ago, I saw a sign advertising feather hair extensions.  I had seen them a couple times before, but I had never thought too much about them.  I am not a slave to all of the newest hair trends (obviously since I have never dyed my hair), but these feather extensions I now have seemed like a great way to express my personality without going overboard by shaving my head, or dying my hair blue.  I have a pink one and a zebra striped one, and both of them are very subtle, but they really make me happy.  I did it more for myself than anyone else, and I think that's the way it should be.  I love to look in the mirror, and see the feathers dangling.

My stylist told me they should last four to six months, and they were a very reasonable price:  only $10 each!  I definitely thought that was a bargain compared to highlights!  I am not saying they are for everybody.  I am just saying that if you have been asking yourself  if you should get them and just can't decide, I'd definitely recommend you get them  :)  I say YAY! 





Image courtesy of:  http://www.photobucket.com/

1 comment: