Wednesday, July 3, 2013

To Be So Young, To Be So Old.

In less than 12 full days I will legally be allowed to consume alcoholic beverages, and this fact alone depresses the hell out of me.  I wish I knew why.  Lately, all I can think of is everything that has ever happened to me thus far in life.  I was sixteen, and everything was so what?  Full of opportunity?  I don't know if that is the right way to put it, but it's the only way I can think of right now.  I feel like I should have made so many decisions by now that I haven't made.  Kissed so many people that I haven't kissed.  I have so many stretch marks that I shouldn't have.  It is a weird feeling being so old, yet having all of your elders claim you are so young.  It all makes me wonder:  am I who I was?  How long will it take for me to get to who I will be?  How much longer can I last in this in between state of not being a teenager, but not being an adult either? 

No comments: