Saturday, January 31, 2009

Teddy Bear.

She is seven years old. She loves me more than anything in the world. I make her tears stop when she hugs me. I comfort her, and I am well-loved. She plays with me every day, and sleeps with me every night. When her parents ground her, or her other friends make her mad, I'm always here.
She is ten years old. She doesn't play with me every day like she used to, but I am still well-loved. I only have one eye left to prove it. I know that I'll still spend every night with her. And still I know that she needs me; I'm the most loyal friend she has.
She is sixteen years old. I've been demoted to the floor. I hardly ever see her anymore. She's never in her room, and when she is she chats away the night with her more important friends online. It is a very rare occasion that she holds me for comfort. I know I am still loved, in some part of her teenage heart, but I don't feel it like I used to. I am a stuffed bear, and not as important as the friends she can talk to and relate to.
She...what?! lt's her, but it can't be! She's...she's seven years old again! It's not her, I know it's not her, but it's close enough. This little reincarnation looks exactly like her. And I am back to being her favorite friend again.

1 comment:

James said...

Nice, the first part makes me feel very comfortable. Like remembering the feelings of going to sleep and being in my warm room.