Saturday, May 1, 2010

All We Need Is...

What is a true friend? This is a fairly cliche question, but does anyone really know the answer to it? Many people would say that a true friend is someone that you could call at 3 A.M. and he or she would come running if necessary. If this is the truth, I think that I have a lot more "true" friends than I realized.
But what if the like and admiration is not mutual? What if one person would do something for another person, but that person would not do the same for them? The fact is, you do not necessarily have to like someone to do something nice for them. Sometimes all it takes is having a little love in your heart. I can think of a few people off of the top of my head that I don't necessarily like, but I love them. I would be willing to help them out if they were really in need of a friend.
I also think that just because two people are not what you would call "close" does not mean that they cannot be true friends. A true friend is someone who would be there for you no matter what. A true friend is someone who loves you, without any inhibitions, expectations, or conditions. A true friend does not have to be someone that you are exceptionally close to, or a person that you see every day. Heck, I am almost inclined to believe that a true friend can be a stranger as long as that stranger cares about you. Isn't that what a friend is...someone who cares?

4 comments:

Robster said...

hi awesome blog, i became a fellower. Can you fellow my blog as well? http://robstergalaxy.blogspot.com

Dreamcatcher said...

ur words couldn't have been truer!...if only....

Molly said...

Thank you guys for your support! :) I will become a follower of you right now Robster!

Deidra said...

Like you said, there IS a difference between admiration and liking someone. I know a few people that I could call to come running at any time because they look up to me (for some reason! haha) and I would go to them if they called me just because that's the type of person I am (and I'm not good at saying no).