Monday, May 31, 2010

The Truth is Such a Contradiction.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it." -Oscar Wilde

I love many Oscar Wilde quotes. In my mind, he is pretty much a genius. I refer to the quote above as an example. Don't we all know that one person who isn't happy unless he or she is unhappy? It is a contradiction of course, but I can still see you nodding your head in agreement. Truthfully, however, I think we all are that person every once in awhile. Sometimes, even when we are on the verge of experiencing something completely wonderful, we still feel unsure. We think it simply must be too good to be true. I cannot say though that second-guessing yourself is always a bad thing. Second-guessing myself has worked out positively for me on more than one occasion. However, there are also those times when we just have to take a chance, and see where the road takes us.

No comments: