Saturday, June 19, 2010

Waiting it Out.

"Some things in life are worth waiting for...even if it means waiting forever."

I was sent the above icon in a text once before when I was younger and a lot more naive.  I was susceptible to falling for any cliche line of a skilled Casanova.  Now, I have set my standards a little higher.  I typically know bull when I hear it, and I also recognize sincere compliments.  Lately, I have heard much more of the latter. 

I used to think I just had bad luck, but now I realize that I am very lucky.  I might have had to wait, but one thing I have learned is that some things are worth waiting for.  It may seem like forever, but it's usually not.  You just have to wait, and your time will come.  I, for one, am happy that I had to wait.  It has made me appreciate so much more what I have now.  If I had not had to wait, the person who most deserves my appreciation now, would not be as properly appreciated as he is.  It may sound like a tongue twister to you, but it makes perfect sense to me. 

Whatever you are waiting for, your time will come.  You might have to hold out a little longer than you wanted to, but you must have hope.  Whether it involves life, love, or just happiness in general, it will eventually come rolling your way.  And when it does...it will probably be better than you ever expected to be.  You just have to wait it out. 

Photos courtesy of:  www.photobucket.com

No comments: