Saturday, December 1, 2012

Happy December!!!



Happy December, everyone - though it does not feel much like winter here in Southern Illinois!  The weather fluctuates day to day, and you never know whether the sun will be shining when you wake up, or whether the first winter blizzard will suddenly hit.  Anyway, since Christmas is quickly approaching, I thought it would be fun to start out the month with a list of Christmas books you should read! 

1. 
The Christmas Doll by Elvira Woodruff

2.  Olive, the Other Reindeer by Vivian Walsh, illustrated by J. Otto Siebold

3.  The Night Before Christmas by Clement C. Moore, illustrated by Mary Engelbreit

4.  Treasury of Christmas Tales by Susan Spellman

5.  A Very Lizzie Christmas by Lisa Papademitriou

6.  A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

7.  The Biggest, Most Beautiful Christmas Tree by Amy Rosenberg

8.  The Little Match Girl by Hans Christian Andersen

9.  The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg

10.  A Charlie Brown Christmas by Charles M. Shulz

There you have it folks!  I believe that whether you are young or old, big or small, you will fall in love with more than one of the books on my list; you just have to take the time to read them!  Look forward to more Christmas posts to come...heck!  "This is the most wonderful time of the year!"  Now go snuggle with a blanket, a book, and read, read, READ!!!!!



Photo found on:  www.weheartit.blogspot.com

6 comments:

Melanie said...

I didn't know the polar express was a book!! I gotta get that!

Ergo - Blog

Chelsea Finn said...

Aw! Thanks for sharing. Cant wait for more christmas posts!

<3Chelsea Elizabeth

Daydream Believer said...

You have some of my absolute favorites on that list!

me said...

Dickens and Shulz- always! :)

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I love this list! And this blog :)

Molly said...

Thank you all for the nice comments! Since my blogging has been sporadic the last year or so, it is nice to know that I still have people reading my blogs. I love you all! AND YES!!! The Polar Express is a GREAT book!!! And I have acted in a couple of Dickens plays, so I am absolutely IN LOVE with him!!! :) Thanks again, everyone!