Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Lacking Inspiration.

Look, I know I need to write; I have not written on here as consistently as I normally do. However, I have been quite busy lately, and I have also been lacking inspiration. Hey, it happens to all of us at one time or another. Haha. Anyway, since I don't want to post anything new, I thought I'd at least post something old; I wrote this poem freshman year. So, here it is:

Nightfall.
Stars glimmer while animals skitter.
Shadows loom around.
People hang out lazily.

The cat senses something.
Winds pick up momentum.
Sprinkles begin outside
Adults warn relatives.

Then thunder booms suddenly.
Lightning makes children and animals hide.
Mama shouts "Flash Flood!"
Daddy swears unmentionable words.

Finally the storm ends.
Animals and children crawl out of cellars.
Adults call relieved relatives.
People clean up their yards.

No comments: