Saturday, October 30, 2010

The College Life is the Life For Me!


College is so weird sometimes.  Maybe part of the reason I feel that way because I went to such a small high school.  I was so sheltered at my high school.  I went to school every day with the same people.  I knew all of their names.  I could tell you many of their religious and political beliefs.  A good majority of them had the same feelings about...well, pretty much everything.


Okay, so maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit, but you get the gist of my point.  College is different.  You can go through a whole semester and not know the name of everyone in your class - let alone their religious or political beliefs!  Sometimes it is kind of nice.  In high school, everyone worries so much about reputations; in college, there is no need to. 

Of course, some would argue that the college life can be lonely at times.  That is a very valid point.  It can be lonely at times, but it can also be very rewarding.  You get to hang out with people who share the same interests as you.  If you feel like being alone in the peace and quiet, you can just go chill out in the library for a few minutes.  You are whoever you say you are.  There are people at college that haven't known you your whole life.  It's like a fresh start, a turn of the page, the beginning of something that will be whatever you make it out to be...


Images courtesy of:  http://www.photobucket.com/

No comments: