Thursday, November 18, 2010

Bear Hugs Make Everything Better


I found the above PostSecret on Photobucket, and it kind of brought me back to my childhood.  I can see some of you nodding your heads in agreement.  Don't lie!  I know you are!  ;)  Well, I have no shame, I'll admit it.  When I was little, I totally bought into the whole stuffed animals coming to life at night thing.  Didn't we all at one point or another?  I was a stuffed animal Fuhhh-reak!  Practically all of my stuffed animals had three names.  They all had stories.  They all had pasts, presents, and futures.

My favorite stuffed animal in particular growing up was Noel Chris Wilson - Noel for short.  :)  I cannot deny that I still sleep with him most of the time, even though he is a bear that has obviously seen many days.  I think I got him when I was in the fourth grade, around Christmastime.  Now that I look back on finding Noel, I am not sure what stood out to me about him.  However to this day, if there were a fire, I would save Noel over my iPod or phone ANY day. 

He has been through so many important moments with me.  I cannot tell you how many tears his poor fur has absorbed throughout the years.  He carries so many sentimental memories, and I swear on my life that I will probably bring him with me when I go off and get married.  I think it is true at any age:  sometimes all we need is a great big bear hug!

No comments: