Monday, November 22, 2010

Life Lesson #3: A Warning for College Kids

Life Lesson #3:  There is just as much (or more) drama in college as there is in high school.


Sorry kiddos.  I hate to break it to you, but it's the truth - at least in my case.  Personally, I involve myself in the drama as little as possible, but that doesn't mean I don't see it all around me.  Maybe it's just because I am a theatre major, but I kind of doubt it.  ;)  (Pun intended!) 

Drama exists everywhere, no matter what you choose to do with your life.  Drama is like the ever existent girl (or maybe even guy) in high school who constantly had to one up you in everything.  I mean EVERYTHING!  Listen to the wise words of the song Girl Next Door by Saving Jane if you haven't already, because that is exactly the kind of thing I am talking about.

The one plus about drama in college compared to drama in high school, is that drama in college is usually easier to steer clear of.  Of course, you have to actually want to - unlike some people who say they want to, but really are the cause of all the drama in the first place!  Don't get me wrong.  College started off WAY better for me than high school did.  I am just warning you that if you think your life is suddenly going to be drama free the moment you turn eighteen, you may want to consider taking a dose of reality. 


Images courtesy of:  http://www.photobucket.com/

No comments: